Bolton lake commissioner
The Bolton Board of Selectmen elected Kim Welch, Lake Commissioner on Jan. 1, 2013. Welch is a Lower Bolton Lake resident, who is tasked with:
- acting as an advisor to the Town on issues related to other governmental agencies, including but not limited to the State of Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection and Department of Health Services, and the United States Environmental Protection Agency and Army Corps of Engineers, in matters affecting Lower Bolton Lake and acts as an advocate for the Town.
- recommending policies and other positions for consideration regarding the use, maintenance and protection of Lower Bolton Lake.
- acting as liaison between the Town and residents in matters concerning the use, condition or other aspects of Lower Bolton Lake.
- promoting programs of education regarding lake safety, maintenance, use and control of pollution, and to work with the Health District and other appropriate Town Officials with respect to such programs.
- maintaining records of Lake drawdowns, tests, etc. and providing copies of same to the Administrative Officer upon receipt.
- solely representing the best interests of the Town, its residents and Lower Bolton Lake.